Friday, June 24, 2022

They Both Die At The End Review


 They Both Die At The End

Author: Adam Silbera
Pages :389
Date of publication : September 5th, 2017

Synopsis : Adam Silvera reminds us that there’s no life without death and no love without loss in this devastating yet uplifting story about two people whose lives change over the course of one unforgettable day.

On September 5, a little after midnight, Death-Cast calls Mateo Torrez and Rufus Emeterio to give them some bad news: They’re going to die today.

Mateo and Rufus are total strangers, but, for different reasons, they’re both looking to make a new friend on their End Day. The good news: There’s an app for that. It’s called the Last Friend, and through it, Rufus and Mateo are about to meet up for one last great adventure—to live a lifetime in a single day.


Review: I wanted to love this book so much! My best firend was harassing me for weeks to read it and I finally did. She loved it and cry a lot while reading it. I didn't like it and didn't cry... I might be emotionally broken! I feel it's either you love this book or you hate it.... I guess I'm in the hate it part.

I did like Mateo. He's really nice and helpful for others. He don't think of himself first and I can relate with him on that. I didn't like Rufus that much. He's story was sad but I didn't connect with him at all. He's love story with Mateo seemed too insta love for me. They only know each other for a couple of hours.

I guess the multiple POV's made it hard for me to connect with any of the characters. We saw chapter about a lot of random people who didn't really have anything to do with the 2 protagonist. They crossed paths at some point but for me they didn't really matters in the story. I thinks without them I might be a little more invested in the book.

I wished I could've love it but I'm happy for those who does. Does all of Adam Silvera book's are written with all different POV'S like that? If not I might gave this author another chance..

No comments:

Post a Comment

July Wrap Up

  Books I’ve read  : 1.  Book Lovers  - Emily Henry  5 /5 2. A Not So Meet Cute - Meghan Quinn 5 /5 3. So Not Meant To Be - Meghan Quinn 4 /...