Thursday, June 9, 2022

People We Meet On Vacation Review

People We Meet On Vacation

Author: Emily Henry
Pages :364
Date of publication : May 11th, 2021

Synopsis :Poppy and Alex. Alex and Poppy. They have nothing in common. She’s a wild child; he wears khakis. She has insatiable wanderlust; he prefers to stay home with a book. And somehow, ever since a fateful car share home from college many years ago, they are the very best of friends. For most of the year they live far apart—she’s in New York City, and he’s in their small hometown—but every summer, for a decade, they have taken one glorious week of vacation together.

Until two years ago, when they ruined everything. They haven’t spoken since.

Poppy has everything she should want, but she’s stuck in a rut. When someone asks when she was last truly happy, she knows, without a doubt, it was on that ill-fated, final trip with Alex. And so, she decides to convince her best friend to take one more vacation together—lay everything on the table, make it all right. Miraculously, he agrees.

Now she has a week to fix everything. If only she can get around the one big truth that has always stood quietly in the middle of their seemingly perfect relationship. What could possibly go wrong?



Review: I have a confession to make... This is the first Emily Henry's book I've read. I know she only did 3 books but I feel like everybody have read at least one of her works. I don't really know why I haven't red anything from her sooner because I loved that book! I didn't gave it 5 stars because of little things that I didn't love but overall it's was a really good one.

First I knew I would love it when I realized it was a opposite attract and a best friend to lover romance.. Those are in my favorite trope so I had high hopes for this one. I brought that book with me on a cruise so I though the title would go perfectly with the situation. I wanted a quick and easy summer read and that's what I got.

I really enjoyed the relationship between Alex and Poppy. When you first read about them you realize that they don't really fit together but they are so perfect for each other at the same time. I have a soft spot for those kind of relationship. They had such a good chemistry. The only thing that I didn't love what the slow burn.. Some people love it but for me it was just a little too slow. Maybe it was because of the throwbacks so it seemed a little longer. I liked the traveling aspect of the book. Since I'm Canadian I was happy to ear about their first trip to Vancouver! 

There wasn't really any plot twist since we all knew how they liked each other from the start but with those kind of romance it's a lot of time like that and I don't mind. It was a beautifully well written book. 

This is totally my kind of book. I now have no other choice but to read Beach Read and Book Lovers!  

2 comments:

  1. I'm seeing LOTS of people hype this book and just Emily's books in general. Glad you mostly enjoyed this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first book from her a certainly not the last!

      Delete

July Wrap Up

  Books I’ve read  : 1.  Book Lovers  - Emily Henry  5 /5 2. A Not So Meet Cute - Meghan Quinn 5 /5 3. So Not Meant To Be - Meghan Quinn 4 /...